I’m slowly working my way up to an Archer shirt for every day of the week. I made my previous versions (see here) using prints or stripes, so it was time for a more neutral piece. This fabric is 80% Modal and it is incredibly soft. It’s a little on the sheer side, so I did french seams everywhere except the gathered back seam. I serged that one due to the bulk; but, I wish I had bound it instead so that it looked as nice as the rest of the pretty guts. This fabric wrinkles if you so much as look at it, but it also loves steam.
For this Grainline Studio Archer Button Up, I took 1/2 inch of width out of each shoulder and tapered that reduction through the back yoke piece. This shirt is getting pretty close to perfect but I think I could still increase the narrow-shoulder adjustment by another 1/2 on either side. Next time I would also reduce the tension on the bobbin for the button-holes, as I found the last couple of stitches on each one pulled the front band (you can see the pull lines above.)
It’s a lovely little workhorse in my wardrobe and it makes me laugh when I see all my Archer shirts lined up in my closet. 3 more to go!
Project: Blush Pink Archer Button Up
Total Cost: $27
Pattern: Free. I already owned this one!
Total Hours: 8
Fit alterations: I took 1/2 inch out of each shoulder and tapered that reduction through the back yoke piece.
Techniques used: French seams, burrito-roll yokes.
Fabric country of origin: Unknown.